Proper search engine optimization (SEO) is vital to any business’s success, and local SEO, in particular, can increase your company’s local tracking, visibility, and overall brand awareness. Optimizing your online presence can help you achieve your business goals, but only if you use the right strategies.
With that being said, let’s break down three expert tips on local SEO to help your business rank higher on the Google search results page:
1. Take a Good Look at Your Google Business Profile
A Google Business Profile (GBP) is a free tool that lets business owners promote their company’s information on Google Search and Maps. Google favors businesses with the most complete and accurate profile information, giving them better odds of ranking higher on the platform.
Optimizing your GBP is a surefire way to boost your local SEO, and you can do so in the following ways:
- Fully populating your profile
- Writing out a full business description
- Keeping your hours up to date
- Choosing the appropriate business categories
- Verifying your location
- Selecting all applicable attributes
When you enhance your GBP and update your information consistently, you can expect Google to reward you with better rankings.
2. Sprinkle Local Keywords Into Your Strategy
Keyword research is a crucial aspect of building and maintaining good SEO. After all, keywords are what bring awareness to your brand and help users find you when searching for products or services you sell.
For local SEO, keyword research involves finding keywords people use when searching for local products and services. Ranking for these keywords drives highly targeted local traffic to your website and drives more leads and more sales.
3. Create Content That Resonates With Local Customers
Content plays a significant role in Google rankings. Once you know the most popular local keywords in your area, you can incorporate them into your content, from social media posts to blogs.
Furthermore, you can improve your web pages in the following ways:
- Include your target keyword in your URL
- Include your target keyword in the title tag of each of your web pages
- Write a concise yet engaging meta-description
- Produce and publish content that is keyword-rich
- Add high-quality images with optimized alt text
- Use H1, H2, and H3 headings where appropriate
- Internally link to other pages on your website
Write about current events locals will be interested in, such as nearby events, trends, and business updates, among any other goings-on that may attract interest. The goal is to draw local users in with your content and keep them engaged and excited to go on to purchase from your company.
Use Local SEO Best Practices to Your Advantage
These local SEO tips can help your brand immensely, but it takes time and energy to strategize and perfectly execute them.
That’s where a digital marketing service like Net Profit Marketing comes in. We create engaging websites and perform rigorous ongoing optimization to help your business rank higher. Reach out to us today to learn more.